Bidders now have the option to pay auction invoices online! These payments will go directly to the affiliate managing the auction through the payment gateway they have chosen (Square or Paytrace).
Bidders are still expected to pick up their items during the scheduled removal dates. Paying your invoice online does not guarantee alternate pickup options or that an item can be shipped.
This quick tutorial will explain the online payment process:
1. After the auction has closed, winning bidders will see the ability to initiate payment from the Your Invoices section of the bidder dashboard. The button shown to initiate payment will vary depending on which payment processor the affiliate has set up.
2. Upon clicking the button to initiate payment, the bidder will be taken to a checkout page to view their invoice and total amount due.
Take note of the text in the yellow box! This information/instructions are specific to this affiliate and/or auction.
After this screen, the process changes based on how the affiliate processes cards.
3A. If the payment button reads "PAY WITH SQUARE", clicking "Pay Now" will take the bidder to a secure Square page to enter their credit card information.
When the bidder clicks "Place Order" the payment will be submitted and the bidder will be alerted that the payment was successful.
3B. If the payment button reads "Pay with Card on File", the invoice will be paid with the credit card that the bidder used to register with K-BID.
If you registered with K-BID prior to 1/1/18, the FIRST time you pay an invoice using "Pay with Card on File" you may be asked to re-enter your card information and agree to use this card for online payments.
After validating your card information, you will be returned to your dashboard and you will have to click "Pay With Card On File" a second time to actually submit your payment.
Once your card on file has been validated/updated, the process will be:
- Click "Pay with Card on File" on the invoice
- Verify the invoice amount and click "Pay Now" on the checkout screen
- Your card on file will be charged and you will see a payment confirmation on your dashboard.
What if I want to use a different card?
If you want to pay a "Pay with Card on File" invoice with a different card than the one currently stored, you will need to go to your Account tab and update your card on file with the new card information.
Support for storing multiple cards will be coming soon.